I was kindly sent some sample juice bottles from Naturshot to try. The timing was perfect because I had the flu and my fridge wasn’t well stocked with fresh fruit and vegetables.
Naturshot Fruit and Vegetable Juice Shots with Superfoods
Naturshot juices come in various flavours and each blend is unique. What makes these juices different is the combination of fruit, vegetables and superfoods like spirulina. The inspiration behind these nourishing and energising juices came from our need to keep our energy levels to cope with a busy lifestyle, and not having enough time:
- When you’re on the move – the bottles are small and portable so you can easily take them with you at work, to the gym, on a walk, etc
- If you are short on time in the morning – if you have to rush and can’t prepare your own smoothie, a quick gulp of natural juice will do the job
I tried three flavours:
- Green Tea with Ginger
- Matcha Tea with Mint
- Coffee Bean Extract with Beetroot
This green tea blend combines ginger with parsnip, apple, lemon, safflower and sweet potato. The starchy vegetables impart a natural sweet flavour and the main taste is lemony and fresh from the lemon and ginger. According to the website, this mix of ingredients can help lower cholesterol and blood pressure, while also boosting the immune system.
This juice contains matcha tea, cucumber, kale, apple, spirulina, safflower and mint for a refreshing and energising boost. The main flavour is mint, with a pleasant herby aftertaste. The ingredients can help improve your memory and support the body’s own detoxification. Spirulina is a great source of iron and vitamins, particularly vitamin A and vitamin B12. Safflower is a great source of omega-6 fatty acids, which can help balance cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
Coffee Bean Extract
I would say that my favourite juice was the Matcha Tea, with its energising minty taste. I wonder if it would make a nice ice lolly if you put it in the freezer… I am sure it would.
The founder Mina Prince told me that the matcha tea juice is actually the most popular flavour.
She said: “Why I started my journey:
– wanted to be healthy but fed up of juicing each morning, not sure what to blend, veg and fruits going off or when I did juice it either spilled in my bag or turned a funny colour
– wanted something that was easy to carry no added sugar but natural sweeteners after doing yoga or going to the gym
– turning mid 30s wanting to have a more balanced lifestyle”.
I asked Mina why she thinks these products are unique, and she replied: “For me it’s the flavour combinations especially the green tea and coffee bean extract.
I wanted something that would challenge mine and others taste buds.”
I agree, the flavour combinations are unique and the added health benefits from superfoods really make these natural juice shots stand out.
Main picture credits: Paola Bassanese